Support For Maui with Baby2Baby
Following the horrific devastation on Maui, The McConaughey family decided to amplify the efforts of JKL partners and friends, Baby2Baby by sending a cargo plane filled with hundreds of thousands of emergency aid supplies that will have an immediate impact on children and families.
Baby2Baby will give supplies to on-the-ground organizations such as: Aloha Diaper Bank, Maui Food Bank, Hawaii Diaper Bank Pacific Birth Collective, and Maui Rapid Response. Matthew and Levi posted this video that has received hundreds of thousands of views, and over $1million has been raised for Baby2Baby to send immediate supplies to the devastated families and children on Maui.
2023-2024 JKL Program Launch
As our programs prepare to launch after Labor Day, we wanted to highlight our JKL instructors who make it all possible!
They are the talent on the ground and without each of them and their unwavering commitment to just keep livin, none of this would be possible! The JKL instructors continue to show up for their students with a full sense of purpose and give their all to help students find their own path and purpose so that they can always be open to growing and becoming the best versions of themselves.
Thank you for the many ways you help your students find their voice, guiding them to set and reach their goals, and helping to shape their futures. YOU are teaching them the power of community and supporting one another! You do it with passion and great resilience and for that we all are grateful! We are excited to share with all of you the amazing experiences, opportunities, first time experiences and gratitude that this upcoming school year will bring to all of our just keep livin students!
Camila’s Tips: Southwest Roasted Cauliflower
This vibrant and savory dish is sure to steal the spotlight at your dinner table! Meet our flavorful and spicy recipe for Southwest Roasted Cauliflower! The beautiful blend of garlic, chiles, and vegetable stock infuses with the cauliflower to create a burst of mouthwatering flavors.
• 1-2 tbsp crushed caribe chile or red pepper flakes
• 4 garlic cloves, crushed
• 1 tbsp ground cumin
• 1 tsp Mexican oregano
• 1 tsp Kosher salt
• 1 cup vegetable stock
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 2 heads of cauliflower cleaned and cut into florets
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small food processor, emersion blender, or regular blender, add the caribe chile pepper, garlic, cumin, Mexican oregano, salt, and ¼ cup of the stock. Pulse a few times until the caribe chile peppers are well combined. Add the balance of the stock and the olive oil, and blend until smooth.
- Place the cauliflower florets in a prominent roasting dish in a single layer and pour the marinade over the cauliflower. Toss to coat all the cauliflower and let it rest for 15 minutes
- Bake the cauliflower uncovered for 1 hour, tossing every 20 minutes for even cooking and browning.
- Cauliflower is done when well browned and fork tender.
– Enjoy! Beijos Camila
Swag of The Month
The New “Breaking Waves” Cali Throw/Towel
Made of 100% cotton, this throw is versatile and the more you wash it, the softer and more absorbent it becomes. Can be used as a beach towel or blanket, wrap for those chilly nights at the game or dining on an outdoor patio.