Capitalized terms have the meanings defined below. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural form.
- Account means a unique user account created for You to access Our Service or parts of Our Service.
- Application means the software program provided by the Organization downloaded and used by You on any electronic device, named “JKL: After School Program”.
- Device means any device that can access the Service, including, but not limited to, a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Flash Cookies refers to pieces of data that websites which use Adobe Flash may store on a user’s Device.
- Organization (referred to as either the “Organization“, “We“, “Us” or “Our” in this Policy) refers to just keep livin foundation, a California nonprofit public benefit corporation, located at 1107 Glendon Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90024-3501.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the Application or the Website or both.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Organization. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Organization to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Organization, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Organization in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website or Site refers to the Organization’s website, accessible at www.justkeeplivin.org.
- You or Your means the individual accessing or using the Service or any other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
In the performance of the Services, the Organization may receive, use and process Personal Data and agrees in relation to any Personal Data to: (a) use and process the Personal Data to the extent necessary for the performance of the Services and for no other services; (b) keep the Personal Data confidential and not permit any third-party access to such Personal Data except as provided in this Policy; (c) implement and have in place appropriate measures to prevent misuse or unauthorized release of Personal Data; and (d) provide reasonable assistance to You as reasonably necessary for Us to address any unauthorized use or processing of Personal Data.
Personal Data collected from You may include, but is not limited to: Your first and last name, address, telephone number, email address, username, bio, gender, birthday, parental contact information and Usage Data, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing information, including, but not limited, to credit card billing information.
The Organization requires that You are: (i) at least eighteen (18) years of age, or between thirteen (13) and seventeen (17) years of age and using the Service with parental or legal guardian consent and supervision; (ii) registered to the extent required, and have not been previously restricted, suspended or terminated by the Organization; and (iii) not using another authorized user’s account without that person’s permission
The Organization collects limited Personal Data from minor students. This information is not shared outside of the Organization or with any third parties except those needed for the provision of the Service as outlined in this Policy. Students of any age cannot share their profiles publicly outside of their Account.
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service. Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s internet protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Information Collected while Using the Application
While using Our Application, in order to provide features of Our Application, We may collect, with Your prior permission, pictures, videos and other information from your Device’s camera and photo library.
We use this information to provide features of Our Service, to improve and customize Our Service. The information may be uploaded to the Organization’s servers and/or a Service Provider’s server or it may be simply stored on Your Device. You can enable or disable access to this information at any time, through Your Device settings.
You may withdraw consent to the use and disclosure of Personal Data at any time, unless the Personal Data is necessary for us to fulfil our legal obligations. We may not be able to provide You with certain services if We do not have the necessary Personal Data.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of Our Service may use local stored objects (or Flash Cookies) to collect and store information about Your preferences or Your activity on Our Service. Flash Cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those used for Browser Cookies. For more information on how You can delete Flash Cookies, please read “Where can I change the settings for disabling, or deleting local shared objects?” available at https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html#main_Where_can_I_change_the_settings_for_disabling__or_deleting_local_shared_objects_
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of Our Service and Our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Organization, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on Your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close Your web browser. You can learn more about cookies here: All About Cookies by Terms Feed.
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential Cookies
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
- Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
- Functionality Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering Your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter Your preferences every time You use the Website.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Organization may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide, improve and maintain Our Service, including to monitor the usage of Our Service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of purchase contract(s) for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
- To contact You: to contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which We offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: to attend and manage Your requests to Us.
- For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, including email lists, donor and contact databases, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and Your experience.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to contact You.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Organization assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another Organization.
- With business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
- With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside.
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Organization will retain Your Personal Data only for as long as necessary to provide the Service and fulfill the transactions You have requested, or for other legitimate purposes such as complying with Our tax and legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing Our agreements, except when We receive a valid erasure request. See the section “Reviewing, Changing, and Removing Your Information.”
The Organization will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Reviewing, Changing, and Removing Your Information
If We have already disclosed some of Your Personal Data to third parties, We cannot access that Personal Data any longer and cannot force the deletion or modification of any such information by the parties to whom We have made those disclosures.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Organization’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — Devices located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Your consent to this Policy followed by Your submission of such information represents Your agreement to that transfer. The Organization will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that Your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy and no transfer of Your Personal Data will take place to an organization or a country unless there are adequate controls in place including the security of Your data and other personal information.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Regardless of any choices You make regarding Your Personal Data, We may disclose Your personal information if We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary in the following circumstances:
- Law Enforcement: Under certain circumstances, the Organization may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (i.e., a court, law enforcement or governmental authority, such as a court order, warrant, or subpoena).
- Other Legal Requirements: The Organization may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with any legal obligations;
- Protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of the Organization, its employees, or other users of the Service and public;
- Detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud or technical issues associated with the Service;
- Protect against legal liability; or
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent’s consent before We collect and use that information.
Third-Party Service Providers
We use authorize.net services for any credit card transactions and authorizations processed on our website. This service is not operated by Us and You will be directed to their website. We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
Apple and Android App Stores
You acknowledge and agree that the availability of the Application and the Services is dependent on the third-party from whom you received the Application license, e.g., the Apple iPhone or Android app stores (the “App Store”). You acknowledge that this Policy is between You and the Organization and not with the App Store. The Organization, not the App Store, is solely responsible for the Organization’s properties, including the Application, the content thereof, maintenance, support services, and warranty therefor, and addressing any claims relating thereto (e.g., product liability, legal compliance or intellectual property infringement).
In order to use the Application, You must have access to a wireless network, and You agree to pay all fees associated with such access. You also agree to pay all fees (if any) charged by the App Store in connection with the Organization’s properties, including the Application. You agree to comply with, and Your license to use the Application is conditioned upon Your compliance with, all applicable third-party terms of agreement (e.g., the App Store’s terms and policies) when using the Organization’s properties, including the Application. You acknowledge that the App Store (and its subsidiaries) are third-party beneficiaries of the Organization’s terms and will have the right to enforce them.
Links to Other Websites
Our Service may contain links to third-party websites (“Third-Party Websites”) that are not operated by Us. When You click on a link to a Third-Party Website, We will not warn You that you have left the Organization’s properties and are subject to the terms and conditions (including privacy policies) of another website or destination. Such Third-Party Websites are not under the control of Our Organization and We are not responsible for any Third-Party Websites.
The Organization links to these Third-Party Websites only as a convenience and does not review, approve, monitor, endorse, warrant, or make any representations with respect to Third-Party Websites, or their products or services. You use all links in Third-Party Websites at Your own risk. When you leave Our Website, Our terms and policies no longer govern. You should review applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any Third-Party Websites, and should make whatever investigation You feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any transaction with any third party.
The Organization is not responsible for the availability of these outside resources or their contents, and expressly disclaims any responsibility for the content, materials, accuracy of information and/or the quality of the products or services provided by, available through, or advertised on these third-party services, or the products or services provided by any third party.
Your Rights Under the GDPR
If You are from the European Economic Area, under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (GDPR), You have the right to request from Us access to and rectification or erasure of Your personal data, the right of data portability, the right of restriction of processing of Your personal data, the right to object to processing of Your personal data, and the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. If You reside outside of the European Economic Area, You may have similar rights under Your local laws.
Whether You live in the European Union and You wish to exercise Your right to restriction of processing or Your right to object to processing or do not live in the European Union but You believe You have a right to restriction of processing or a right to object to processing under Your local laws, please make Your request by emailing Us at [email protected]t.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is effective as of the date set forth on this web page. We reserve the right, at any time, to add to, change, update or modify this Policy, and such changes shall become effective immediately upon posting. It is Your responsibility to review this Policy prior to each use of the Service.
By continuing to access or use the Service after any revisions become effective, You agree to be bound by those revised terms. If You do not agree to the new terms, in whole or in part, You may not access or otherwise use the Service and are instructed to exit the Service immediately.
If you have any questions about this Policy, You can contact Us at: