SBP’s Winter Storm Clean Up Safety Guidelines
Monitor for mold
- If you have had any water damage, mold can grow.
- Don’t repair walls or floors until mold has been treated!
Wear the proper PPE and utilize the correct process
- If you want to remediate the mold yourself, use SBP’s resources that include a step-by-step guide and a list of supplies and PPE. They can be found at sbpusa.org/start-here
Muck and Gut Safely
- Turn off all utilities – water, gas and electricity
- Wear PPE – goggles, gloves and dust masks
- Open windows to increase ventilation
- Take your time – accidents can happen when you move too quickly
- If you have insurance, you may be eligible for funding to pay for a hotel or
short-term rental. Ask your agent for more information. (Limit your exposure to mold.)